Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Dreams are Made of This.

 I have been looking for new ways to decorate my house that doesn't involve anything permanent. (I live in a rental). After perusing pinterest for a while I found this!
Pinned Image

I then decided that this is what I would do today. Instead of you know...cleaning.

First you're going to need a few things.


  • Printer/Stencil
  • Exacto knife
  • mod podge
  • Old magazines
  • Glue stick/tape (optional)


I had a few BH&G and a few artsy music magazines laying around. I first printed out the words that I wanted to use and laid each letter out on top of the page I decided to use.  I glued down the outer corners of the PAGE (NOT the letters) so that the paper would not slide around.  

Next I cut out each letter with my exacto knife.

After you're going to want to plan out the order and spacing. Then take some mod-podge (Here's a homemade recipe) and stick them up on the wall.


I haven't had them long so I'm not sure of the staying power but it will not ruin the wall itself. My mod-podge is basically Elmer's school glue and water.

I think I might paste some neat designs in the living room as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment