Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Love Thrifting!

 Thrifting has never really been my thing. Every time I go I seem to always be the youngest person in there. However I decided to not let that stop me when I heard that one of our local thrift stores was having a $2 bag sale. That meant anything I could shove into an old walmart sack was mine for $2. Something I just couldn't pass up. So I grabbed my change jar and headed downtown.

One of my first pins on Pinterest  happened to be a skirt made from a men's button down shirt. Today seemed to be a great day to stock up. I grabbed a really great slouchy sweater for winter, along with a few skinny belts and 3 men's shirts. I also happened to stumble upon a really great clutch purse. 
It's a little plain for my taste but I am excited to maybe add something extra on to make it mine! Not bad for about $2.17 worth. 

I'm planning on making the skirt tomorrow. Hopefully I can get another post up with a link to the tutorial I plan on using. 

Thrifting may not be so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment